Thank you for your interest in our mentorship/internship programs. Detailed below is information about how our internship, work experience, and career track programs are designed to give you the best training experience in your area(s) of interest.
- Read this information carefully, and you will learn how our program differs from others
- Visit our websites:
Local, National & Global Programs
16 Things Kids Can Do is a non-profit educational organization that works for the betterment of kids, people, and the planet through a series of books, workshops, programs, and activities all designed to help people lead happier, healthier, and more successful lives.
On the business and financial side, we operate the Entrepreneurs Small Business Network — a network of multi-million, multi-billion dollar companies that have social responsibility programs and services designed to help individuals and businesses achieve their objectives.
For students, we have mentorship, internship, work experience and career track programs with numerous colleges and universities including NYU, Columbia, Pace, Hunter, Harvard, BU, MIT, Yale, and Penn State.
YOUR LIST OF BENEFITS
What truly makes our programs different is that students work and learn on real world programs where they get advanced skill training in their areas of interest. Every internship is custom to fit the needs and objectives of that particular individual.
Additionally, we train in eight foundation disciplines, because these are the skills everyone needs to be successful — both professionally and personally:
- Office Technology
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
When trainees successfully complete our program, they receive:
- Resume Analysis and Correction
- Custom Letter of Recommendation
- Portfolio Development
- Career Opportunities
- For international students we provide CPT and OPT support
REAL WORLD PROGRAMS THAT MAKE AN IMPACT ON YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
These are some of our Global, National & Community Based Programs that you could be working on during the course of your time with our organization:
- Social Media Outreach
- The publication “16 Things We All Can Do To Act Right & Help Save The Planet”
- Promotion & Events for National & World Kindness Months
- Establishing Social Responsibility Clubs on College Campuses
- Outreach to Schools, Churches/Temples, NPOs, Agencies & Businesses
- The Karma Guy TV & Radio Hour
Four Weeks of Free Education and Action Programs In August
- Health, Fitness & Nutrition
- Financial Education & Financial Planning
- Communication Skills
- Social Responsibility & Volunteerism
- “The Working Dead”
- “16 Things Kids Can Do To Act Right and Help Save the Planet”
- Legacy Building Workshops
- Better Communication & Literacy Workshops
- Community Partnership Summit
- Basketball & Bonding
- Community Circular
- Custom Benefit Plans
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Financial Services
- Community Partnership Centers
- Basketball & Bonding Clinics
- The Karma Guy TV & Radio Hour
- 16 Things TV Magazine
- Cooking with Kids
- Celebrity Quest
Mentorship, Internship, Work Experience Disciplines:
Health & Wellness
Supply Chain Management
QUALITIES TO MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL
We are seeking students that have the Desire, Determination, Willingness to Learn & Take Meaningful Action to make an impact for themselves and others. One of our goals is to transition students from their custom internship program to work within our organization on a full or part-time basis in service to others.
MAKING IT HAPPEN
We look forward to your becoming a valuable member of our team! Be sure to:
- Complete & Submit Your Internship Interview Application (.zip)
- Set-Up Your Interview on our Appointment Scheduler
With best regards,
16 Things Kids Can Do, Inc. / A 501(c)3 Educational NPO
Working for the Betterment of Kids, People & The Planet!
Get Involved! Get Informed! Get Going!
In 2018 Planned Acts of Kindness worked with some great interns who have devoted their time and energy into making the world a better place and improving themselves at the same time! Here are just a few featured video testimonials and we look forward to have many more in 2019 and beyond!